What makes me a great Cycling Concierge?
Cycling is my passion. D.C. is my city. The DC Cycling Concierge is an extension of my personal and professional passion to share the benefits and joys of bicycling.
I'm a national cycling expert with 20 years as an executive leading the charge for better biking. I’ve biked across this great country and more than 20 others around the world. As a D.C. local, I ride every single day, whether running errands, chauffeuring my kids in our family's cargo bike, or getting out on to the back roads of the beautiful countryside for a leisurely ride or challenging workout.
From adventure cyclist and triathlete to bike safety teacher and dedicated advocate, I’ve made cycling my life — and I want each customer to have the best possible experience on a bike.
As the President / CEO of the Alliance for Biking & Walking, I worked with state and local leaders to make communities across the country better places to bike and walk. Today, I also head up CycleLifeHQ in North America to help communities across the continent cultivate and grow bicycle tourism and become destinations. Having biked many communities in 20 countries, I can tell you without a doubt that the D.C. region is one of the best places to bike in the world!
Highlights of my professional experience include:
- 30 years of bike safety expertise
- League Cycling Instructor #1110, police and teacher bike safety trainer
- Adventure cyclist & guide on local, cross-country, and round-the-world tours
- Road rider, ride leader, randonneur, and racer
- Triathlete with sprint, Olympic, ½ Ironman & Ironman experience
- 20+ years leader & CEO of local, state, and national bicycle advocacy organizations
- Board member of Adventure Cycling Association and America Walks, advisory board member of East Coast Greenway Alliance and The Bureau of Good Roads
- VP for North America of CycleLifeHQ
See more about me on LinkedIn.
See more about how much fun my guests have on TripAdvisor!
Jeff is easily the best city cycling guide I've ever been guided by. - Carlton Reid, bike journalist and author
Jeff on his custom touring bike ready to ride Pittsburgh to DC on the GAP / C&O trails